RECOUP and its members have set its agenda to tackle the challenges in the recycling and waste sector during RECOUP’s first member meeting of 2018.
According to RECOUP, its priorities include:
- Disposal and recycling “On the Go”
- Deposit return scheme planning
- Consumer engagement
- Plastic pot, trays and tub recycling
- Black plastic packaging recycling
- Encouraging the use of recycled plastics in manufacturing
- End markets and material quality.
RECOUP chief executive Stuart Foster said: “RECOUP continues to provide leadership in pushing forwards plastics recycling and resource efficiency activities. We are very effective at bringing together various stakeholders to explore and find solutions for both short and long term challenges to improving plastics recycling. The agenda for change in 2018 is unprecedented at both a practical and strategic level.”
Over 70 people attended the meeting including representatives from government, retailers, waste management, packaging producers, reprocessors, trade organisations and independent specialists, and was hosted by Technology Provider Bühler UK Limited.