Liberal Democrat MP for North Cornwall Dan Rogerson has been given the resource brief in Defra.
He replaces Lord de Mauley who now looks after the natural environment and science within Defra.
Dan Rogerson will be responsible for resource and environmental management, water and rural affairs and forestry.
His responsibilities include:
- Climate change adaptation
- Environmental impacts of climate change mitigation (including biofuels)
- Environmental regulation
- Sustainable development including sustainable consumption and production
- Waste management
- Air, quality, noise and litter
- Localism and civil society
- Deputising for the Secretary of State at EU Environment Council.
He is a previous member of the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee, leaving once he became a minister.
Of note will be his vocal opposition to plans to build an energy from waste facility in Cornwall.