The full programme for the REB Market Intelligence Summit has been announced and will focus on the current situation for exporting materials.
New speakers confirmed include The Recycling Association chief executive Simon Ellin and Vanden Recycling managing director David Wilson, who will both be taking part in a panel discussion to provide updates on market developments, including:
- The latest news on export rules to China – update on CCIC guidance on meeting new customs rules
- Will China close completely and when?
- What is the situation in other Asian export markets?
- Will we see potential new markets emerge?
- How are companies responding to the changes?
- Will recycling companies invest as a result? If so, where?
- What will the UK recycling market look like in five years-time?
Ecosurety’s managing director James Piper is also a recent addition to the REB line-up and will be debating PRN system reform and what should be expected from this. With PRN reform on the Government agenda, find out how this will affect recyclers.
Other speakers include:
- Peter Clayson, general manager – business development and external affairs, DS Smith
- Jason Fazackerley, chief executive, Tegos UK
- David McDiarmid, corporate relations advisor, Princes Group
- Forbes McDougall, head of circular economy, Veolia.
REB Market Intelligence director Paul Sanderson said: “So much has happened in the recycling industry since last year’s REB Market Intelligence Summit, and it is vital that we carry on the discussion.
“As the sector is facing a lot of uncertainty following growing import restrictions and where to send materials, this event is essential for any business who wants to get a better understanding of where the markets are headed from leading experts.”
For more information and to book your place at the REB Summit, click here: https://www.rebnews.com/summit-2018/