Trade organisation the Resource Association has completed the transition from a steering group and founder directors by holding its first full election of its board of directors.
Elections were held by postal ballot and elected to the board were:
- Ian Broxup, Aylesford Newsprint
- Nick Brown, Coca-Cola Enterprises
- Andy Doran, Novelis Recycling
- Eric Randall, Bryson Recycling
- Craig Robinson, UPM
- Jonathan Short, ECO Plastics
- Paul Vanston, Kent Waste Partnership
- Simon Weston, Smurfit Kappa Recycling.
In a unanimous vote, the new board then elected Andy Doran to serve as the Resource Association chairman for the next year.
He said: “I am grateful for the confidence shown in my by my fellow members, and I am delighted to continue to serve as the association’s chairman. I would particularly like to thank colleagues who offered themselves for election, but were this time unsuccessful.
“Having an election for the first full board of the association is a healthy sign and I look forward to the continued interest and input of all members as the association develops its work in the next year.”