Fire damages PPR Wipag plastic recycling plant


Dover-based automotive plastic recycling company PPR Wipag has suffered a fire that has badly damaged its facility.

A senior fire officer said that the blaze was started by an electrical fault, with the subsequent fire then spreading extensively before firefighters could control it.


Staff were evacuated but no injuries were reported. Plumes of black smoke were reported to be coming from the blaze.

PPR Wipag has a specialist process that enables the company to recycle plastic components from vehicles to make a product of exactly the same specification as the original.